Google tag

12 January 2023

Christ calls the sinful soul to Himself (from the book 'Our Prayer')

 



In St. Tikhon of Zadonsk we find the following touching words with which Christ calls the sinful soul to Himself:

"Why, man, did you leave Me?
Why have you turned away from Me, Who loves you?
Why did you join My enemy?
Remember that for you I came down from heaven.
Remember that for you I clothed myself in flesh.
Remember that for you I humbled myself!
Remember that for you I endured slander, insults, desecration, dishonor, wounds, spitting, slaps, ridicule!



Remember that for you I was counted among criminals!
Remember that for you I died an ignominious death!
I came down from heaven to bring you unto heaven.
I got impoverished to enrich you!
I accepted wounds to heal you!
I died to bring you to life!
You sinned, and I took upon Myself your sin!
You are the guilty one, and I accepted the punishment.
You are the debtor, and I paid the debt!
My love prompted Me to this. I could not bear you to suffer in such a misfortune!
Is it that you now neglect this My love?
Instead of Me, you love sin!
Instead of Me, you serve your passions.
But what have you found in Me to repel you?
Why will you not come to Me?
Do you want bliss?
All bliss is with Me!
Do you want nobility? - Who is nobler than the Son of God and the Holy Virgin Mary?
Do you want exaltation? – What is higher than the King of Heaven?
Do you want wealth? - All the wealth is with Me!
Do you want wisdom? – I am God's Wisdom!
Do you want companionship? - Who is more loving than Me, Who have laid down My soul for all!
Are you looking for help? - Who will help you but Me!
Are you looking for a doctor? - Who will heal you but Me.
Do you seek comfort in sorrow? - Who will comfort you but Me?
Are you looking for calm? – In Me you will find calm/rest for your soul!
Are you looking for peace? – I am the Peace of the Soul!
Do you want a life? - The source of life is with Me!
Are you looking for light? – I am the Light of the world!
Are you looking for truth? – I am the Truth!
Are you looking for a way? – I am the Way!
Do you want a guide to heaven? – I am the faithful Leader!
Why don't you want to come to Me?
Don't you dare take a step? - But to whom else is access so easy!
Or are you afraid to beg? - But to whom of those who ask with faith, I have refused!
Do sins not allow you to? - But I did die for sinners!
Or do the great multitude of your iniquities trouble you? – But My mercy is greater!
"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest!" (Matthew 11:28[15])." 

(Conveyed with small abbreviations – mine in brackets, Archim Seraphim Alexiev, OUR PRAYER 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12NsrdMAZSet7XHTcMmhbB-8ULpXJEFVZcjFdwE6KwPQ/edit?usp=sharing

https://vidjambov.blogspot.com/2022/08/book-inventory-to-sell.html

https://pra-blah.blogspot.com/2022/09/books-to-sell-inventory-vladimir.html).













No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment you MUST be
a Google account user